Thursday, October 11, 2012

Let's Go Fly a Plane!

Hello from wonderful Wyoming!

My first grader has fall break and my husband is at an IT conference, so I loaded up the kids in the van and headed for Star Valley, Wyoming. It has been a long time since we visited Grandma and Grandpa and my kids were excited to go.

They were even more excited when they found out that Grandpa was going to take us for an airplane ride!


My Dad is a pilot, so my boys have had the opportunity to fly quite a few times. However, this was the first time that we took miss Aubrey with us (unless you count in utero!).


She was a little nervous as we got into the plane, but settled down when she realized that Mommy was going with her.


Aubrey and I were content to sit in the back. On the other hand we had to let the boys take turns in the front so that they could each be the copilot for a while.


It was so fun to go for a flight with my cute kids. They had a fabulous time looking out the windows.


It was a beautiful day and we had a lovely view of the valley.


Plus it is hard not to have fun when you have such enthusiastic passengers!


Miss Aubrey even relaxed enough to look out the windows and enjoy the ride.


Before too long it was time for the boys to trade places. Jonah was pretty excited to get his turn at the controls.


Good thing I knew that Grandpa was the one really flying the plane! Not that my little pilots aren't absolutely adorable.


Eli didn't really mind moving to the back because even though he was not at the controls, he was having so much fun talking into his headset. He kept saying things like, "Can you hear me, Captain Mommy? Over!" It was hilarious.


What a great morning for a flight. We all had a great time.


But all good things must eventually come to an end. So we flew back to the airport, landed the plane, and helped Grandpa push it back into the hanger.


Thank you so much for the airplane ride Grandpa! We LOVED it.




Give me your best shot at Better in BulkPhotoStory Friday
friday favorite things | finding joythe long road

5 comments:

  1. Such an amazing adventure!! I'd love to fly with a small plane. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cool! My kids would love an adventure like that! I can just hear them now. "Can you hear me, Captain Mommy? Over."

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much fun!! I love your dad's pictures on Sunday for the scav hunt - great insider view of the trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness that is awesome! What a blessing to all get to have that experience!

    ReplyDelete